What: Network Access Control Webinar
When: On demand recording
Paul Smith – Pre-Sales Engineer at macmon secure
Paul Charles – Head of Professional Services at KT Secure
Jon Fisher – Sales Consultant at KT Secure
Together with macmon secure UK, our recorded webinar is a great overview of why Network Access Control (NAC) and network security is so vital in the management and protection of increasingly diverse infrastructures. During the 30 minute session, we discuss the impact of poor network security management and how organisation’s can minimise network vulnerabilities.
Examples of network security exploits and their impact:
- Retailer Target network credentials stolen from 3rd party vendor = 40 million debit/card details compromised
- Banking applications left vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks when connected via the same corporate or wifi network
- Wonga customer data illegally accessed = 250,000 UK customers affected
- WannaCry ransomware attack = 300,000 computers compromised causing global losses of up to $4 billion. Within the NHS, the attack affected 14,778 patient appointments and 850 operations.
- Satellite communication systems used in defence and aerospace vulnerable to exploits e.g Denial of Service and remote control
How can you minimise vulnerabilities?
- Central administration with real time access to IT inventory, including IoT and BYOD
- Visualisation of entire network – even heterogeneous environments
- Legacy system management including the patching and integration of systems
- Understanding current environment and where there are gaps in security
- Management of third-party vendors within corporate networks
- Securing and segmenting endpoint connections – reducing attack surfaces
- Automation of VLAN management – segmenting network access for maximum security
- Security awareness training for staff and other stakeholders
If you have any questions about network access control solutions within your organisation, please contact our team of experts. We have the skills and experience needed to holistically assess your needs and implement a solution to meet your exacting requirements.