Users only need one identity to access systems, applications and services across your IT estate. The IAM solution controls authentication and authorisation of users, providing a trusted connection to on premise, third-party and cloud-based applications and services.
How does it work?
The service works in a similar way to Single Sign-On (SSO) capabilities provided by cloud-based service providers such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Microsoft — users enjoy multi-system access from a single set of login credentials.
Your organisation provides KT Secure with access to existing identity or directory services, such as Active Directory. The service can be implemented using a combination of one or more of the following:
- Option 1: Gateway service — provides an easy way to synchronise user identity information with the KT Secure service. KT Secure can collect user information from multiple sources if needed.
- Option 2: Authentication on your internal systems — the Gateway can federate with your existing identity and directory services (such as Active Directory).
- Option 3: Users can enrol themselves for single sign on via a self-service portal — user data is stored securely and KT Secure does not have direct access to user credentials.
The IAM solution has been deployed in automobile franchises and dealerships for a leading automobile manufacturer, supporting nearly 7,000 users across the globe. The service is used to secure access to sensitive vehicle maintenance and key programming applications. Unauthorised or malicious access to these applications could have serious vehicle security and financial implications for the manufacturer. Additional steps were added to the logon process to ensure that only authorised technicians and other users could access these systems. KT Secure integrated the IAM solution with existing identity services and provided users with hardware tokens for two-factor authentication (2FA).
The IAM service can work with any application that requires credentials to login – seamlessly integrating user identity management and single sign on into your enterprise applications.
About KT Secure
Founded in 2009 as Knight Trading UK Limited, KT Secure’s mission is to provide proven and productive Cyber Security services backed by a passionate team. The co-founders and key members of the company are industry experts with a combined experience of more than 100 years in the information security domain. An approved supplier to premium automotive manufacturers, global telecomms and financial service providers, KT Secure’s head office is in Marylebone, London.
- Data Loss Prevention and Data Classification
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Cloud Security and Hosting
- Software Code Signing
- Endpoint Security